Saturday, February 7, 2009

Good Ole Owain

Today was a pretty sad day for us here at Pawcific, but a good one as well. Our Good Ole Owain left for his new forever home with Susan in Tacoma, WA. Sometimes as breeders you get attached to those special dogs that make your breeding program yours. Owain is one of them. He earned his Championship easily with multiple majors, finished his TD with my Mom, Kathy, finished his PT, thanks to my good friend Shannon, which completed his VC, and has sired two Championships to date (Ch Ryder and Ch Secret), with others hopefully to come. His new owner, Susan, is the best. She is a huge gardner, works for the Museum of Glass (one of my favorite museums!), and is a friend of Jan who owns Owain's son, CH Ryder. I know Owain will love his new home, although at the same time it is sad to see one go that has been with you for so long.
And for those in the front discussion...I thought it would be beneficial to take a front shot this morning after he got cleaned up. This is a dog that did not look like this as a baby. And many wondered if he would ever get a chest...typically this line is very late in maturing, most doing their big wins as a Veteran...and Owain is no different then his ancestors. I just love that wrap, shape, and the way he turns out...not too much, but just enough. Maybe one of these days I can dig up some of his earlier shots. Most of them are at my parents house, so I can't easily get them!

2 comments:

Baledwr said...

GL with your new life Owain!

dreameyce said...

It's so great he gets to go home with 'family'!

I look forward to seeing baby pics of him, and comparison pics of the other dogs. I'm really enjoying these visual lessons *G*