Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Alice's puppies!

Alice's puppies were born on Monday. I was a bit tired yesterday, so didn't get a chance to post anything on the blog. The grand total is 6. 3 blue merle boys, 2 blue merle girls, and 1 black girl. I think several people are jealous we had so many merles! :-)

The black girl is one of the most oddly marked puppies I have had in a while, although she has a perfect blaze. It will be interesting to see what she looks like when she gets bigger.

Here are some pictures from whelping...as you can see in some of the pictures they are only minutes old as they haven't dried off yet!


Right after boy #3 was born on the left side of the screen. He was fifth born. Alice going, "these are my puppies?"

Resting in between puppies, I think this was when there was just 4.
Her full brood. First nurse for black girl.

A cute one of the three. This picture shows off a bit more of the black girls markings. The puppy with a dot on her head is a girl, the other merle is the more classically marked boy.

Stay tuned for more pictures...

3 comments:

Kim said...

love the black/white girls marking! Can't wait to see more of all of them.

Baledwr said...

Telling myself I don't need a merle BC

Emily said...

Of course you should! :-) Everyone needs a BC, especially a pretty blue merle one!