Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Hot, hot, hot!!!

I am about done with this heat wave...100+ weather is not heard of in the Northwest...most of us don't have air conditioning, so it makes it even worse! My house hasn't gone below 80 for the last two nights and tomorrow again we are expecting 100 degree weather. Our outside temp at my parents today was at a high of 104! Dogs are all on fans and seem to be fine...Mom's rabbits are another story though...try keeping a whole rabbitry cool!!! A little difficult! So...bring on the weather Gods...go away HOT weather...come back NORTHWEST typical weather...repeat again and again...

4 comments:

dreameyce said...

My rats are all in the livingroom now, with the window AC. We lost a very important rat boy, who I'm completely devastated about. Rats are even more heat sensitive than rabbits, and I know how hard Buns are to keep cool!

This weather is why I live in Oregon, and I HATE that it's come to visit! Eww! I want it back in the 70's-80's as usual! I'm about to go camp on the beach!

Emily said...

Funny enough...we already have reservations to go to Lincoln City this weekend...Michael is on vacation this week...so we are off to have fun for once this weekend!

Dayna Dawn Small (aka Barter) said...

Wanna send a little of that heat up to northern New England? I live in midcoast Maine, and I haven't even been able to run the fan more than two nights this summer. Rain rain rain and below normal temps all season. :-(

Cindy said...

I'll trade you! Iowa's average temp this month is a record breaking low--- 68.2! Average temp should be in the 74-75range and not one day over 90 degrees yet.
Our crops are suffering from lack of heat though I do like the fact that I have only run the central air for a week this year. Only thing enjoying this weather are our ducks. Well the dogs and horses too, but we have a lot of fungal infections on the clydesdale's feathers due to the wet weather-2 inches over the monthly average.

And that's even considering the floods of last year!
Good luck and I'll send some ice your way.
Only 17 tornado warnings compared to 131 last year. 13 touchdowns vs 105 in 2008.