Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Schools...Evan related...

So, needless to say some of you may or may not know that Evan has had the opportunity to attend a private school this past year for Preschool. It's called The Gardner School in Vancouver. The school is built around the idea of multiple intelligence and has been a fantastic school, especially for Evan who is advanced in certain avenues compared to others his age. Unfortunately due to my economic circumstances, I am at the moment unable to figure out how to afford next year's tuition to keep him in Gardner School. It would be OK accept Washington State has just cut huge funding for the public system and it sounds as though Camas will not have the extra activities including music, advanced placement, etc. It just amazes me in these trying times that schools of all things are getting cut back. Our future generation need so much help and that good education is a must. I really hate seeing him go to the public system next year, but I guess what can you do? Anybody have any ideas, let me know...

2 comments:

Jeri said...

Have you talked to the school about it? Financial aid or tuition reductions aren't usually out of the question. With the economy being poor, a lot of private schools are having to be more aggressive to keep students.

I'm guessing his school is exactly the kind of place I would LOVE to find for my 4.5 year old daughter Charlie, but that we don't really have here. Le sigh.

dreameyce said...

See if there's any assistance programs. Being a single mother, there may be SOME sort of educational scholarship program.

I'm worried about school for Dea too. It's looking like she'll be going to public school, until Curt's done, and then into a private school unless the local public schools are really awesome.

I've thought about homeschooling, but I want her to have a social life, and I wasn't happy homeschooled. Dea is a social butterfly, and LOVES her play groups, and going to sunday school with her grandparents. I'd hate to take that away from her simply due to economic family reasons.

Good luck! Hopefully somehow there's a program to keep Evan in the school he's doing well in :)