Sunday, August 23, 2009

The saga of the thumb and weekend results...

First off I want to send a huge thank you to those who sent well wishes to me about my thumb. It was feeling so much better after the Urgent Care visit and my PT looking at it on Wednesday. But, the saga goes on. Today during the Open Dog class in Tervs, Jazz accidentally nipped the nail enough on my thumb trying to get the steak in my hand that he popped the nail off. Which, BTW, bleeds A LOT! So, won the class, yelled at the ring steward to hand me a paper towel before WD and went onto winning WD...after getting out of the ring the paper towel was totally soaked with blood...so handed Jazz off to Penny for BOB (THANK YOU PENNY!!) and ran over to the EMT guy. What was really funny though is that even though I was bleeding everywhere...my thumb is no where near the pain threshold it was at in Enumclaw. The EMT guy wrapped it up and sent me on the way. Jazz in the meantime won BOW with Penny. Unfortunately the major broke, but we got 2 pts at least! That was the only drama for the weekend, thankfully!

So, now other results. A big hug and congrats to Judy, our Terv client, who just made us proud to show her dogs. They just did fabulous and we had lots of nice compliments on her dogs throughout the weekend.

Friday, Terv specialty
Chloe (handled by Jenny) was Best in Veteran Sweeps, 2nd in Regular Veteran Bitch
Airie (handled in part by Judy and Emily) was 1st in her Veteran Sweeps class, 1st in Regular Veteran Bitches, and AOM at 14.5 yrs of age!!!
Jazz RWD

Rosey was Best Puppy in Breed at the Fun Match and Puppy Group 3.
Teddie won Best Adult in Breed at the Fun Match and Adult Group 2.

Saturday, Terv specialty
Chloe was 1st in her Veteran Sweeps class and 2nd in Regular Veteran Bitch
Airie was Best in Veteran Sweeps and 1st in Regular Veteran Bitch
Jazz was 4th in Open Dog

Sunday, All breed show
Tervs, Jazz BOW, 2 pts
Cardigans, Diesel RWD (thanks to Le'o for stepping in with my big goof while I was at the BC ring!)
BC's, Mattel, RWD, Reiver WB, 1 pt!

Next weekend we are off to Grass Valley for a BC specialty and Pap specialty, what fun!!

1 comment:

Kaye said...

Yeah the tips of your fingers are very sensative(all the nerve endings and all), in college I was pruning baby trees and started chating with a friend of mine next thing you know I clipped the tip of my finger off (never prune and chat!!) Anyways I feel for ya, its very, very, very painful!!