Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Kentucky Horse Park


On Thursday while I was in Kentucky, I got a chance to break away from the dog show and go to the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington. It was a beautiful day and I enjoyed myself a lot. I did take quite a few pictures, so bear with me!


The great Man O' War monument.

In the parade of breeds...these are the Friesians. She is driving the first horse and riding the second.

The Arabian.

Andalusian.


The Draft horses. They also took you on a wagon ride around the park.

In the Hall of Champion presentation this is Western Dreamer.

Funny Cide



Cigar

Da Hoss


For the first Parade of Breed presentation they did examples of events that will be held in Sept. at the World games the park is hosting for the first time outside of Europe. This was the dressage demo.

And the jumping demo.


You cannot forget the Morgan statue.
Secretariat statue.

2 comments:

Dune Cardigans said...

How fun! I got to drive by during Nationals but I didnt get to go in... now I see what I missed out on!

Storm Ridge Cardigans said...

okay, that stirs some blood. My family has owned a few race horses which raced in Spokane, portland meadows and longacres. Seeing those monuments brought back some memories. I am a little jealous of that one.