Friday, June 4, 2010

Massage school coming to an end...


It's kind of a bittersweet moment thinking back on how much I have done and how far I have come. I have one more day of clinic and one more final to take before I am officially graduated from my massage program. After that I have my big state exam on the 15th. Once I pass that then it is a sit and wait for my license to come back from WA. I have just signed up for the certification course enabling me to practice on animals. So, I will get that done in the next couple of months. It seems like it has taken forever but also like it has gone by so fast. Our class at school has really grown into a family. Meeting many good friends and a few that will become friends for a lifetime. It seems like only yesterday we were in that first class of Swedish Massage on our first day of school.
The one class I am going to miss the most right now is Cancer clinic. It has been an amazing journey and experience. This internship has shown me the amazing things we do as massage therapists and how we can not only heal someone but lighten someone's day by just sitting and listening. I hope I don't fall apart on Monday when I have to say goodbye to patient's that I have seen over the last 10 weeks. They have shown me so much.
In the next few months you will see a revamp of my website as I shut down my handling section and start up my massage website. I am excited for the new beginning and glad that I am able to do what I love to do, day in and day out.

~Emily

1 comment:

Britt said...

Congrats :) I am so happy for you!