Monday, March 2, 2009

Nationals!!

I am getting soooo excited about Nationals!! Mom and I are driving back to Kansas this year. We are making plans right now on which route we will take. I am guessing we will take the most direct route...but am considering doing the southern route on the way there, if Mom doesn't get into the tracking test. Currently...we have four dogs of our own, plus several have asked us to transport dogs for them (we still have a bit of room, if you know of someone looking for something that needs transported back to nationals or shown at nationals or from nationals to the Northwest!), Evan (who I have decided is just not going to be able to stay behind away from Mom that long), my Mom, Kathy, and myself, in my new van! We leave on April 9th and will get home around the 21st. I think this is the most amount of dogs I have taken to nationals, as we usually have to fly and only take one or two. If anyone has some good new toy suggestions for Evan for the trip, please let me know! I am trying to collect as many "in the car" items as possible to keep him occupied for the 50+ hours of driving we will be doing. That is a lot of entertaining for an almost 5 year old!!!

4 comments:

dreameyce said...

Does he have a v-smile? I assume so, but Dea LOVES hers, and all the games.

There's also a few little travel game packs, and one you can make. I'll see if I can dig some up. Coloring books and crayons/paper if he likes those things, and since he's a lego boy, nab a tray that can securely sit over his lap, so he can work on his legos in the car seat.

Dea loves to play the finding things game. I make her a little 'board' to circle things on, and it's easy things like letters, livestock, colors, plus obscure things. I assume you already know all these things, but figured I'd input anyways ;)

If I need them transported, would you have room for some ceramic pieces? I've not decided what I'll be taking, but I may decide to take some mugs and such to the show which may be too cost prohibitive to ship. I'm happy to pay a few bucks for it :)

Emily said...

No problem!! As long as it is in a safe countainer, we should be able to squeeze it in without any problems!!

Jacqui said...

I was also going to suggest the v-smile! Santa brought one for Jordyn this year and it has been a great save! John took her (by himself) to visit his mom in Colorado...11 hours one way...it helped pass the time!

Jordyn is also coming to Nationals. I told her she would meet a new friend because Evan was coming too. She's a shy one, until the ice can be broken but then they should be great. She'll be 4 in August.

Emily said...

That will be fun!!! Evan is really good with about anyone, just loves to have a playment when he can! I actually haven't heard of the v-smile...will have to look it up! Since I don't usually buy things for Evan, I tend to not look down those aisles. (his grandparents have him covered usually way too well!)