Saturday, March 28, 2009

A day to remember...

Wow, that is about all I can say about today...I can't believe my luck. Today was the start of our Chintimini KC Supported Entries here in the Northwest. With 40 Cardigans entered, I thought for sure we wouldn't have any possibility of winning, hoped for WD, but that was all I hoped for. Well...two of my dogs that I breeder/owner/handled today did me proud. Lincoln showed his little heart out and won WD. Diesel did well for him and won 2nd in Open. Both boys are completely different type, so I knew that if one won, the other probably didn't have a chance. Della loved being in the show ring and just wagged her tail the whole time in the ring. She is really high in the rear right now at 8 mths, so wasn't surprised she won 2nd. Then, into BOB we went with Ms Secret and Jenny, my sister, took back in Lincoln, bless her heart! (he isn't the easiest to handle!!!!) And this is what made me cry today...yes Secret won Best of Breed!!!!! If that wasn't enough, Lincoln won BOS over all the male specials for a 5 pt major. AND...if that wasn't enough yet....Secret came out of groups with a Group 4!!! Thanks to judge Neena Van Camp. Am I ever proud of my Cardigans today and even more proud that I was on the end of the lead. Not sure when I will come down from the clouds...but I needed it this week, that is for sure! ~ Emily

7 comments:

Joanna said...

That is one amazing day! Congrats on such huge success and the dogs certainly look like they deserved it.

dreameyce said...

ACK! Hubby picked a BAD day to have afternoon plans! DARN! Hopefully there's a redo tomorrow, so I can watch Secret win big ;)

I'm SO bummed I missed this! HUGE congrats to you! You know how much I adore her. I can't believe you ever placed her ;)

Can't wait to see you in a couple hours, and wish you luck! Man, what a day to miss the last few classes! DARN!

Traci said...

WOW! What an AMAZING day for you, Emily!! Congrats!!!

Léo said...

It was wonderful to watch.
You worked so hard to get this a big event. And it made my heart go squish when I saw you go from a little stressed to pure elation.

Big Congratulations!!!

CardiLover said...

Congratulations on the giant day!!! It was really cool to see you get misty after Breed!!! Glad to hear she did so well in group, too! Woo hoo!!!!

starrynights said...

Congrats on an amazing day. Sorry I missed it. (Darn family obligations...) Sounds like it was an incredible day. Woo hoo!

Lyn said...

Wooo! Hooo! Go Team Fish! Congratulations.