Monday, August 17, 2009

An update on weekend adventures...

As many of you know who were at the show in Enumclaw...I injured myself pretty badly. Of course it happened on Friday morning before the Pap specialty, so I had to endure pain the whole weekend long. Yes, I stupidly slammed my right thumb into my sliding van door. It was throbbing all weekend long and basically all I could think about was just getting through so I could go home. Last night I went to Urgent Care and they drilled a whole in my nail, relieving the pressure built up from the massive bleeding, no broken bones, thankfully! This morning I am very soar but at least not in unbearable pain.

For weekend news...Pap specialty Walker won 3rd in his 9-12 mth puppy class, Rosey won 2nd in Am Bred bitch...Saturday Lincoln won BOB, Chai was RWD...Sunday Lincoln was BOS, Chai was RWD, Walker won his class, Huck won 3rd, grandpups...Bonnie (owned by Lauren) won WB to finish!!, Denali (owned by Kelly) won BOB, and Vogue (co-owned by Jeanette and myself) won BOS. Probably forgetting something but those are the big ones.

3 comments:

Kim said...

I never got over to ask what you did.

I did the same thing many years ago in my truck door. The most painful thing I have ever done, and when they drilled the hole I nearly passed out.

Hope you feel better soon. Keep it numb with ice if you can.

starrynights said...

Wow. So sorry to hear about your thumb! Hopefully you're on your way to a speedy recovery now.

Sounds like it was a successful weekend, despite having to endure a smashed thumb.

You're braver than I am!

Léo said...

ow.